Did You Know?
- 75% of blindness and vision loss can be avoided when detected and treated early.
- There are currently 224,832 people living in Ireland who are blind or vision impaired.
- This figure is projected to increase by One Fifth in 2020 to 271,996.
- Irish and international research has shown a marked increase in the frequency of blindness and vision impairment with advancing age.
- Positive lifestyle choices, such as eating a healthy diet, not smoking and exercising regularly, all help to protect your eye health and preserve vision.
- Having your eyes checked regularly can help with the early diagnosis of underlying disease. The health of your eyes can tell much about your overall health.
Don't Put Your Eye-Sight at Risk - Be sure to have regular sight tests.